Mô tả chi tiết
In a digital audio system samples must be accurate in level and time but jitter, which exists in all digital systems, can result in timing errors in these samples causing the analogue signal to be reconstructed inaccurately. In a dCS system our DACs can act as the system master clock, but listening tests have shown that there is no substitute for a high-quality, dedicated master clock.
dCS were pioneers in the use of external clocks in digital audio systems and our clocking technology has been continually refined so that our latest multi-stagePhase-Locked-Loop (PLL) system sets world-beating standards for accuracy and control of troublesome jitter from the incoming audio stream.
All DCS Master Clocks are subjected to rigorous in-house testing. The crystal oscillators are pre-aged and selected for long term stability then individually calibrated over a wide temperature range to ensure consistent optimal performance. Vivaldi Master Clock uses a sophisticated microcontroller system to ensure smooth correction as the temperature changes and this approach gives a more stable result than either oven controlled crystal oscillators or even atomic clocks.
All dCS master clocks are designed to generate industry standard Word Clock on 75 ohm co-axial cable. Other manufacturers’ equipment that has been designed to accept standard Word Clock can be used with our clocks. Non-standard clock formats, though, must be assumed to be proprietary to that manufacturer.
Vivaldi Master Clock may be slaved to an external reference (such as an atomic clock or GPS reference) if increased accuracy is desired. Our sophisticated multi-mode phase locked loop (PLL) significantly reduces jitter from the reference source.
The dCS ‘soft’ approach to programmable logic allows the user to easily update Vivaldi Master Clock software, whether this is to add new features, improve performance or adapt to changes in digital formats.
Used as part of the Vivaldi digital audio playback system Vivaldi Master Clock improves on an already spectacular sound and takes it into an entirely new domain. With a clock added to a dCS system images snap into sharper focus and the music displays a substantially greater sense of authority and power as well as, most importantly, offering noticably higher resolution of detail.
- Utilising the latest generation dCS Digital Processing Platform which offers state of the art measured and musical performance
- Designed for maximum flexibility as output configuration can be optimised in systems with a variety of digital audio sources.
- New auto clocking mode used in the Vivaldi range improves ease of use and minimises jitter.
- Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and improved tolerance to AC supply variations.
- Multi-stage regulation ensures sensitive analogue circuitry is not affected by digital interference.
- Aerospace grade machined aluminum chassis fitted with tuned acoustic damping panels reduce magnetic effects and vibration.